ACPIN Awards 2019
The ACPIN 2019 conference on 22-24th May 2019 will host the 4th ACPIN Awards ceremony. Three types of awards, Distinguished Service, Fellowship, and Honorary Fellowship will be awarded.
ACPIN members are invited to submit nominations for these awards. Completed nomination forms must be sent to the ACPIN Office by 5.00pm Friday 5th April 2019.
Distinguished Service awardees shall receive a Diploma of Distinguished Service, are entitled to one complementary ticket (for them only which cannot be conferred) to the ACPIN conference at which they receive their award.
Fellows shall receive a Diploma of Fellowship, shall be entitled to use the description ‘Fellow of the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Neurology’, shall be entitled to use the designatory letters ‘FACPIN’, and shall be entitled to life membership of ACPIN. Fellowship shall be conferred for life save only that it may be withdrawn at the direction of the National ACPIN Board.
Honorary Fellows shall receive a Diploma of Fellowship, shall be entitled to use the description ‘Honorary Fellow of the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Neurology’, shall not acquire any other rights and privileges of membership of ACPIN, are entitled to use the designatory letters ‘FACPIN (Hon)’, shall be entitled to life membership of ACPIN. Honorary Fellowship shall be conferred for life save only that it may be withdrawn at the direction of the National ACPIN Board.
Fellows and Honorary Fellows may be called upon jointly or severally to advise the National ACPIN Board and its committees on matters pertaining to the advancement of neurological physiotherapy.
Criteria for the ACPIN Award
• A nominee for award of Distinguished Service must be a member of ACPIN who has made a committed and longstanding contribution to the work of ACPIN at a local level (that is, England/Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales regions)
• A nominee for award of Fellowship may be any eminent person who has advanced the speciality of neurological physiotherapy as a whole, at a national (UK-wide)/international level, by forwarding the boundaries of professional knowledge and furthering the aims of ACPIN
• A nominee for award of Honorary Fellowship may be any eminent person not eligible for a Fellowship whom the National Executive considers it appropriate to honour
Procedures for nomination
A nomination should be made by two current members of ACPIN and be accompanied by evidence addressing the criteria in Section 2. Nominations are to be sent by 5.00pm Friday 5th April 2019. These will be considered by the Awards Committee. The Awards Committee will consist of five ACPIN members: Chair, Vice Chair and three non-executive members. Nominations approved by the Awards Committee are eligible to receive their Award at the International ACPIN NNR19 Conference and Annual General Meeting.
Click here to download the nomination form.
Honorary Chair ACPIN
Committee Terms of Reference:
1. The ACPIN Board Executive Secretary serves as Awards Committee administrator (non-voting).
2. Membership: five members: Chair ACPIN; Vice-chair ACPIN; three ACPIN members self-application; vetted by Committee Chair
a. Must have been a member for at least one year
b. Need representation from across UK (without pre-determining numbers form devolved countries or across regions of England)
c. Terms of office: two years, recognising need for succession planning
1. Nomination forms must be completed with enough information and supporting evidence for a reasonable decision to be made
2. Awards committee administrator to pre-read each nomination to check forms are completed sufficiently to warrant the Committee’s consideration, including live check on current membership status.
3. Awards committee can ask nominees for further information or evidence in the case of a good candidate, by email within one week, provided final deadlines are complied with.
4. Prior to ACPIN Awards Committee meeting, individual committee members score each nomination according to scoring criteria and then the full committee discusses the nomination.
a. Is there sufficient reason for the award to be made?
b. Is there sufficient evidence to support the award?
c. Is there sufficient merit?
d. Does the award reflect the contribution made to the profession?
5. The Committee shall form a decision about the acceptance or rejection of the nomination for Award based on a combination of the scored nomination forms and the discussion. A majority decision should be agreed.
6. As a guide, it is anticipated that a maximum of 6 awards will be given each year of which only one Honorary Fellowship. Fellowships and Distinguished Service Awards shall take up the remainder of the awards available.
7. These terms of reference are to serve as a guide for the first few years to test out and learn from the act of working through the process. The Awards committee is invited to send any recommendations for a change, with rationale, to be discussed and agreed by the ACPIN Board at its April 2019 meeting.
For 2019 ACPIN Awards deadlines and dates
1. Deadline for nominations: Friday 5th April 2019
2. Awards committee members sent electronic copy of all nominations by 6th April
3. Awards committee meets (by webinar / video-conference) to discuss nominations and make decisions: Monday 8th April 6pm
4. Decisions passed to ACPIN Board for ratification at its meeting
5. Decisions reported to nominees, with reasons by Committee administrator, on day of ACPIN Board
6. Awardees invited to accept award by 15th April. Invitation to include:
a. Invitation to receive award at ACPIN Conference 2019
b. Free access ticket to this Conference
c. Travel to conference venue included at standard rate
d. Accommodation on the night of the awards (international conference venue only)
e. Invitation to the awards Ceremony at the end of the Thursday NNR19 programme, at the start of the ACPIN AGM
f. No gowns or speeches required
g. Awards Chair introduces Ceremony, thanks Awards Committee, names each Awardee with paragraph on rationale / contribution,
h. ACPIN President awards Certificate
i. Individual photo with President & Awards Chair
j. Group photo with President & Awards Chair