Research based on member responses
The ACPIN membership database
Those wishing to contact ACPIN members can commission selective distribution of a survey or other acceptable material.
Only members who have agreed to take part in research or receive commercial mailings will be contacted by ACPIN. This will be by email according to each recipient’s preference. Numbers fluctuate but the total number of contactable members is around three thousand. It is unlikely that this number will be required for most research purposes so it can be split into:
• ACPIN region (17 in total)
• Speciality (Acquired Brain Injury, MS, Parkinson’s Disease, Spinal Injuries, Stroke, Other)
• Full, associate or student members
Please contact the Membership Administrator in the first instance for advice regarding pricing. The mailing to members cannot be undertaken until receipt of payment for the full amount (cheques payable to ACPIN) and confirmation of ethical approval, where appropriate. The charges are listed below. A copy of the database application form must also be sent at the same time as the cheque. Please complete this as comprehensively as possible.
For genuine research undertaken personally by the commissioner, charges are based on their status
• Full ACPIN members GBP£0.10 per name
• Associate members GBP£0.10 per name
• Students who are ACPIN members: GBP£5 for 50 names
• Students who are not ACPIN members: GBP£8 for 50 names
The above commissioners are required to produce a brief report providing feedback on any issues or changes raised by the recipients of the survey. In addition, they are invited to submit an abstract / study summary for potential inclusion in Synapse or for consideration for inclusion in an ACPIN national or regional event.
For commissions by or on behalf of other entities, please contact the Membership Administrator as charges are currently under review for the following
• ACPIN committees or entities publicising courses and other events
• Universities and not-for-profit training providers*
• Technology- and pharma- companies*
• Other commercial companies, including exhibition promoters
• Charities focussing on neuro-conditions*
• Other research centres*
*Discounts available for commissions made by or with an ACPIN member. The above commissioners will be required to produce a brief report indicating issues or changes suggested arising from the distribution. In addition, they are invited to consider exhibiting at, or sponsoring an ACPIN national or regional event, for which discounts may be available.
Please download an application form (Microsoft Word) by clicking the link below.
Completed application forms should be emailed to the Membership Administrator.
Please note: ACPIN reserves the right to decline any mailing request without explanation, though a full refund will be given.