Date(s) - 28/03/2020
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Lin Leong Neuro Physio and Yoga Therapy
and London ACPIN Present
An Introduction to Yoga for Neuro Physiotherapists
Proposed learning outcomes:
- To have an understanding of the core principles of Yoga and the benefits of including them in Neuro rehab.
- To gain the knowledge and skills to implement the use of Yoga principles into current clinical practice
- To have a repertoire of Yoga postures suitable for any patient and also for self practice. To include an understanding of the core elements of the posture and how to adapt the posture for different abilities.
- To develop knowledge and skills to analyse a yoga posture and make adaptations to ensure a safe and effective practice.
- To be introduced to yoga practices suitable to assist in fatigue, stress and pain management and general mental wellbeing.
A proposed outline of the day:
9.30-10.30am Introduction to Yoga and why it is so helpful in neuro rehab.
10.30-11am An introduction to meditation or sitting mindfulness practices.
11.00-12.30pm An introduction to the endlessly modifiable Sun Salutations (including a coffee break).
12.30-1.00pm Pranayama- Breath practices for health and wellbeing.
1.30-1.45pm Opportunity for any questions arising from the morning.
1.45- 2.30pm Facilitation to reveal.
2.30-3.30pm Adapting asana and seated postures.
3.30-4.15pm Case studies and group work applying learning to clinical scenarios.
4.15-5.30pm Yoga Nidra- The art of relaxation & close.
ACPIN members £70, non members £110
Remember to log in if you are an ACPIN member to see the reduced rate
This event is fully booked.