Date(s) - 12/10/2019
9:15 am - 5:00 pm
Clinic 10 King's Treatment Centre
NORTH TRENT ACPIN
Speaker: Lin Leong
Lin Leong is a neurological Physiotherapist and Yoga teacher. For the last 7 years she has worked privately in both fields with 14 years previous NHS Neuro Physiotherapy experience. After practising Yoga personally, she started to see how well Neuro Physiotherapy and Yoga combine and embarked on a Yoga teacher Diploma in 2010. She specialises in teaching Yoga to people with neurological and other health conditions.
1. To have an understanding of the core principles of Yoga and the benefits of including them in Neuro rehab.
2. To gain the knowledge and skills to implement the use of Yoga principles into current clinical practice.
3. To have a repertoire of Yoga postures suitable for any patient and also for self-practice.
4. To include an understanding of the core elements of the posture and how to adapt the posture for different abilities.
5. To develop knowledge and skills to analyse a yoga posture and make adaptations to ensure a safe and effective practice.
6. To be introduced to yoga practices suitable to assist in fatigue, stress and pain management and general mental wellbeing.
7. To understand the options for further study and personal development within the field of Yoga for Physiotherapists.
Lunch is NOT provided but refreshments will be available during the day.
If you are an ACPIN member please log in first to secure the discounted price.
This event is fully booked.